Thursday, March 11, 2010

Springtime

It's a gray chilly day here in CT, but the green bits are just starting to poke out of the ground and I'm sitting in front of beautiful yellow forsythia flowers that I forced inside. This time of year is all about the dreams of the flowers and yummy vegetables to come.

We moved into our new house last September right before we got married and have had little time to enjoy the outdoor aspects of our new house. Last fall I planted a few bulbs in the "landscaped" parts of the yard, but really will have to start a garden from scratch if I want to grow vegetables and fruits. This is intended to be a record of my experiments in the garden. I have little experience except in containers and indoors so we'll see how well I do. I still have high hopes!

I have also signed us up for a CSA, something that I've been wanting to do for awhile but which are surprisingly hard to find around here. I have to drive a little ways to get my box and I'm not sure how it is going to work with us going away on weekends, but we will find out. And maybe it will inspire me to try new vegetables and experiment with new recipes which I love to do.

I probably wouldn't bother with this if there were more information out there about CT and the local food scene, but I haven't found much of interest especially in my neck of the woods. Plus at the very least next year when I start my garden again I will have a nice record here of what worked and what didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment