Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I figured I'd break these up according to when I planted them.

Last Wednesday 4/14 I planted a couple of things that my mom gave me from her yard. A couple of plants of Kale and some little flowers... and I can't remember the names of them!

The kale looked a little yellowish at first but we got a good rain last week and right before it started raining I dumped two bags of top soil and two bags of garden soil into the garden and mixed it around a bit. The dirt is feeling better. This past weekend I added two more bags of topsoil so hopefully that will be sufficient for the first garden plot (closest to the house). No signs of yellow on the kale anymore, I think it should be fine. Looks very hardy.

This past weekend 4/18 I planted some pansies out front and some black-eyed susan's on the side of the house facing west. Hopefully the soil is okay over there. They look kind of miserable right now but my mom says they are hardy.


No comments:

Post a Comment