Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Potatoes and Leeks and More!

Finally today, I got around to planting the potatoes and leeks that arrived last week. I put the potatoes in the back of the first garden plot, took about a row and a half. The next couple of rows I filled in the with the leeks. I had no idea I ordered so many, they took up more room than I expected. I gave them a good watering and I will see how they are doing in a couple of days/weeks. I guess I am supposed to give them some fertilizer in about 3 weeks.

Still to come:

Lemon grass
chives
spearmint
basil
peppers
tomatoes
spicy peppers
cilantro

I expect most of those won't arrive until mid-May when the threat of frost is really gone. Now I just need to draw a diagram of the garden plot so I don't forget where I planted the potatoes and put more stuff in on top of them!

And a note to self - it does not appear that the leeks came from White Flower Farm since they were shipped from Texas so next year might want to find a closer source.

No comments:

Post a Comment